Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Jesus is what i need

*Deep Sigh* i'm in a place i don't want to be. Doing a job that i really don't want to do. Getting paid far less than degree and experience should allow. Why am i here? Because this is where God has me. 

That last statement has been one of THE most difficult things for me to come to terms with. i'm in this place, making very little money, working harder than i should, because God has me here.  Everything in my being wants to pack up and get the hell out of here, but the Holy Spirit continues to remind me that i have been called to be obedient.

i'm so tired of where i am i spend most of my time looking for jobs. So this morning as i prayed a cried (my usual routine now) i begged the Holy Spirit to reveal what/why God has me in this less than favorable place.

i felt compelled to go and watch messages i'd missed from church, and i'm listening, and crying, and at minute 42 i heard what God wanted me to hear. This is also what i struggle with most.
 http://www.thevillagechurch.net/sermon/the-beginning-of-the-church/



Yet compelled, driven,by the Holy Spirit, once again saying goodbye to some of the closest friends I
had, some of the people I loved most deeply, those I walked in community with, who I was confessing to, who were encouraging my faith... For the third time , I said goodbye to those friends, who were going to continue to travel the world, and moved up here.  I Throughout all of those moves, what I needed to be reminded of was not that this success in this moment is God's validation that I'm walking in obedience, but rather Christ himself is the treasure. Less money and smaller crowds aren't God's judgment or a sign of a lack of success, but rather, if I get more of Jesus with less money and smaller crowds, then it's not a loss; it's a win.need the Spirit to remind me of this all the time. I needed him to remind me of it this morning as I walked out here, lest I shrink back in fear for my desire to be approved of by you. I need the Holy Spirit to remind me Jesus is what I need. Jesus validates me. Jesus is my all. I need the Holy Spirit to constantly remind me of this. This is how we become witnesses under the power of the Holy Spirit. We confess with our lives that Jesus is Lord. We begin to do ministry as Jesus did, walking with, working with, loving on the least of these, and we are constantly reminded of the goodness and mercy of Jesus as our greatest pursuit and greatest treasure. So there's the power , and there's the purpose:them being witnesses.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice