Tuesday, June 4, 2013

trust issues

hi my name is Msinformed, and i have trust issues...whew feels good to get that off my chest.

my trust issues are linked to my father ~ long story short:
 daddy's girl > he cheated; then left > i don't trust men > i don't trust God.

i think ive done a decent job of not allowing past hurts to stop me from being successful in most areas of my life, but there are a few places that have been affected:
1. Relationship with God
2. Relationships with men (this includes friends, family, boyfriends, etc.)
3. the need to prove my worth

A friend of mine recently said, " Self assessment and self awareness are kinda useless if I can't make adjustments. Kinda just an exercise in philosophical braininess if I don't edit and advance my character." 
~ Lovey

And that's where i've found myself. i am very much aware of my flaws and can even tell you where they stem from, but for the life of me, i haven't been able to figure out how to move past this part of my self assessment.  And maybe that's the problem, i've been trying instead of trusting that only God can bring about the necessary changes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice