Thursday, June 20, 2013

Change

Time really flies by. This time 2 years ago I was packing my bags getting ready to leave Japan. Now i've: earned a Master's Degree, lived in DC for a summer, met some amazing people, rekindled some friendships, cried, laughed, turnt up, asked God why, thrown my hands up, fought, held up my white flag and surrendered to God, struggled, hugged and kissed my nieces & nephews, been to Las Vegas twice, lost weight; then gained some of it back, realized what i want is not necessarily good for me, been to Puerto Vallarta, zip lined in the mountains, scuba dived, rode a donkey, been to Nashville, had some of the best Tequila in the world (in my opinion), had 2 car accidents (neither my fault) got rid of a car, got another car(i love you lex luther), saw family i hadn't seen in 10 years, went to San Francisco, Sacremento, & Napa Valley, Went to my first NFL game then got to meet the players, saw Nas & Lauryn Hill in concert, went to a private event where the former Secretary of State Hillary R. Clinton officiated, met a Nobel Peace Prize Winner, went to Louisville KY, met John Legend, Dan Savage, Condoleeza Rice, lost a baby that was close to me, joined an amazing church, lived with multiple people two different times (smh), soon I will witness two of my closest friends taking a major step in marriage, and 2013 isn't even half over....


And some things have not gone my way, but things have turned out just the way they were supposed to. 

1 comment:

Play nice