Thursday, June 14, 2012

wasting time

Its funny how time works. when you want it to move fast, it feels like its creeping. When you want it to slow down, somehow, it speeds past you. The other amazingly, wonderful thing about time is that even when you feel like life is at its bleekest, it keeps moving. It doesn't give you the luxury of  stagnation. It keeps going, one second, one tick, at a time. 

A few years ago i was so hurt. Wishing, hoping, and praying that time would rush by, and i would feel like me again. That my heart wouldn't hurt anymore, but time being its constitent self never rushed.

Now i couldn't feel better. in a week, i will be flying to DC to  start a 10 week internship, with the department of state. my life has been so much better than what i could dream up. i'm thankful to God for helping me realize that the sad season in my life was crucial to my growth. Looking back i feel so silly now, wishing i could just stay in my sad, pitiful moment. Its laughable to think about how much time i wasted on something that wasn't meant to be.

No more wasting time











No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice