Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Body image

i had a great conversation with a new friend/mentor, about body image.  She said she too struggled/struggles, with how she views her body. in our conversation she reminded me that God created me the way i am for a reason.  My mom said the same thing a couple of weeks ago, stating that whatever plan he has for me, i needed the body type i was given. This is not easy for me to accept because my mom and sis have a different body type, a smaller body type. i work overtime to try to lose weight, and end up gaining muscle, thus becoming heavier.

it comes down to what i say about my body. The book of  Titus tells us to not be slanderous, that means against ourselves. for me that translates to being mindful of what i watch, what magazines i read, websites i visit, see i'm influenced greatly by all of these things, and the more i concentrate on them, the more challenging it is for me to #1 accept the body type i've been given, #2 not obsess over what i don't look like, #3 envy other's, #4 mistreat my body.

all in all the holy spirit and i have a lot of work to do.

1 comment:

Play nice