Tuesday, November 29, 2011

grad school

Aug. 27th i began my new career: being a full time student, again.  the M.Ed. in Higher Ed is now my new boo. Yes, i'm in a committed relationship with the trinity: Student Demographics, Foundations of Studennt Development, and the History of Higher Ed.  Each of these gentlemen add depth, frustrations, and excitment to my life. my future looks bright.

I have 9 new playground friends. my cohort mates, and i are learning each other, and trying to figure out this grad school thing.  i'm the wise old sage of the group (LOL), i'm the oldest, but i'm enjoying the different perspectives, lifestyles, and life experiences.  i feel really blessed to be a part of this group.

The first semester is quickly coming to a close, and i'm looking forward to next semester's challenges.  this program is 2years, and oddly i feel that is a short amount of time.  i want to:
   Present at a conference
   Get published
   Have an internship outside of Tx
   Study abroad
   Become active in a graduate organization
   Go to 2 national  and 2 loca lconferences

I have the greatest boss for my graduate assistantship, but  more on that later...

~Oh i'm listnening to Christmas music!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice