Tuesday, June 21, 2011

All the single ladies

If i  have to read one more blog, book, or fb post about the sad life of single black women, i swear i'll scream. in fact AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! whew that felt good.

There are some things in life one cannot avoid, and having patience is one of those awful things that we must endure. As a child you must wait for your birthday and Christmas.  As a teenager you must wait to date and drive.  And as an adult i am waiting for my frog/prince to hop along, and rescyou me from my humdrum, pathetic life.  Well atleast reading anything about being single will lead you to believe this. 


 idk if its a new trend, or the fact that i'm tre years from 30, but all of a sudden there seems to be a lot more focus for the 'not as pretty', but equally educated and successful black women, to get married.
Do i have friends who are successful, sexy, single, and who happen to be black.  Yes, But i also have successful, sexy, friends of every other racial background who share in this singleness.  Oddly enough they don't seem to be too pressed to get a ball and chain around their ankles. So why all the pressure for us? 

Yes, i think building healthy relationships are important, but on my list, getting married @ 27, having kids @ 28, and being miserable @ 29 are not my top priorities.  i have goals, dreams  and ambitions, and i intend to make the most of my singleness.  i plan on enjoying the fact that i can get up, hop on a plane to Fiji, and not have to find a babysitter, or check with my hubby's schedule.

Most of my married friends/mentors, encourage me to take my time; to enjoy my selfish  time, bcs. in due season, my prince will come, and long gone will be the days of impromptu trips.

so to all my single ladies, enjoy it. Hell we're in our late 20's not @ death's door.

nu year nu you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice