Thursday, August 5, 2010

lesson learned

Today started out somber and reflective. Went to a memorial ceremony for Hiroshima. There were pictures there, and it really hit me that everyone, every cultural group, religious group, ethnic group, has experienced pain at the hands of others. Yes, i know its kind of a duh moment, but honestly i've never been really concerned about how other groups have suffered. Unfortunately, its human nature to focus on your pain, your hurt. We (humans) so often only take on a victim attitude, like only I (or my group) have truly suffered. Or our suffering is greater than yours. Looking at the pictures, seeing the faces of people who were directly affected by this tragedy, opened my eyes.

I've learned so much from being here already!

LET'S GET IT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice