Thursday, April 15, 2010

forgoing forgiveness

I've painfully listened to people say the adage forgive and forget. I say painfully because every time someone suggests this to me I feel awful because I never seem to complete this task. See forgiving part is not that difficult, I just think of how God forgives me, but the latter...Well lets just say I have the memory of an elephant.

so the question I pose is this, is it possible for humans to forgive and forget? Is this a realistic task to complete, or just a suggestion placed on an unreachable pedestal. See our brains are programmed to remember things. Even the things you desperately want to forget somehow just get pushed to the back of our minds.

LETS GET IT

1 comment:

  1. ... this is simply put but very powerful.

    "Is this a realistic task to complete, or just a suggestion placed on an unreachable pedestal." - well put.

    i know God forgives and He forgets what we have done ... but that's just it. He's God, we're not. the acts may be forgiven but the memories remain because they leave scars.

    i, personally, feel that it is not possible to forget. it will always be in the back of our minds, and as we go through things, as a remembrance, they revisit the front and we remember.

    why would anyone want to forget something they have learned from? what good would the lesson do if it has been forgotten?

    ReplyDelete

Play nice