Thursday, March 25, 2010

Japanticipation

So its been two weeks since my last blog, and great, great, great, news....I'M GOING TO JAPAN!!!!! yea buddy, I leave July 12, and begin a new chapter in my book of life. I'm a little scared, but you can't overcome fears unless you face them, so I facing them head on.

This trip is only because God's hand and his favor rests on me. I know it is only by his grace, that I have been given this opportunity. I'm stepping out on faith, for the provisions to go on this AMAZING trip. God has/is/was/always blessing me, and I'm so grateful for his great works.

..............................................................................................................................................................................

So it hit me yesterday, while I was looking in the mirror at myself, i realized that I will never be thin. I know it sounds really lame, but i just really figured out that I will NEVER be skinny. And i cried. weight has always been a big (no pun intended) issue to me. My grandmother called me fat for years, and i can see how it really affected me. I'm the biggest woman in my immediate family; so being called fat for years didn't help.

I was immediately reminded that I am/was "fearfully and wonderfully made." and "before the creation of the world," God knew me, and knew how i would look. So loving myself is really just agreeing with God that he did an incredible job creating me. Now that doesn't mean I should not be healthy/fit, but it does help me change the way I view myself.

LET'S GET IT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice